How long does shipping from US to Malaysia take
Need to ship your goods from US to Malaysia? Contact us today for a free shipping quotation!
How much is shipping from the US to Malaysia
How to choose a shipping carrier
Import tax and duties for shipments from US to Malaysia
There are several categories of goods that are subject to taxes and duties upon import to Malaysia. These can range from consumables to vehicles.
Depending on the items, there may be some applicable for exemption. Read on for a breakdown of some of the common taxes and duties applied to imported goods to Malaysia.
Our experts at Haulx can help make your shipment smooth sailing. Contact us to learn more.
Prohibited and restricted items for import into Malaysia
Malaysia’s import restrictions range from more commonly prohibited items such as reproduced currencies and drugs to specific produce from its regional neighbours. Refer to the list below for a summary of items that are prohibited for import into Malaysia.
- Intoxicating liquors containing more than 3.46mg/ℓ in any lead or in any compound of copper
- Reproduction of currencies, bank notes or coins
- Daggers and flick knives
- Articles of items resembling syringes
- Poisonous chemicals
- Drugs such as morphine, heroine, and marijuana
Restricted items that require an import licence from Malaysia
Here are some examples of restricted items that will require an import licence to be shipped to Malaysia:
- Any meat, bones, hide, skin, hoofs, horns, offal or any part of the animals and poultry.
- Live animals and fish
- Animal oils and fats.
- Plants include parts and plant products.
- Household and agricultural pesticides.
- Corals, alive or dead.
- Explosives and fireworks
- Imitation arms, toy gun / pistols, and hand grenades
- Safety helmets (except as worn by motorcyclists or motorcycle pillion riders).
- Motor vehicles
- Apparatus/equipment for the brewing of beer in the home.
- Pharmaceutical products
Prohibited and restricted items for export from US
In addition to import restrictions at the Malaysian border, some items are prohibited from export from the US. It’s important to check whether your shipment includes any of these items below so as to ensure that it will cross the border successfully.
The list of items include, but are not limited to:
- Counterfeit, bootlegged or pirated items
- Currency, gems, precious metals and stones
- Gambling materials and items
- Illegal drugs
- Dental, veterinary, medical devices and materials
- Medicines and dietary supplements
- Firearms, weapons and tactical equipment
Restricted items that require an export licence from US
A large majority of goods that require an export licence from the US are classified as “dual-use”. This means that they have both commercial as well as military or proliferation uses.
Items like these fall under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) section of the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
Why Choose Haulx?
Your shipment is in good hands with M&P International Freights. Our personalised services are backed by 15+ years of experience and professional certifications. Each shipment gets specialised care and insurance coverage for your peace of mind.
15+ Years Of Experience
Over 15+ years we have shipped a variety of goods including oil and gas, machinery, ship spares and equipment safely and efficiently to the satisfaction of our clients.
A specialised Haulx consultant is assigned to each client to assist with every step of the process and cater to the specific needs of each project.
Accredited with SLA, MTO and FIATA certifications, our company maintains outstanding professional standards in our shipping services.