Shipping from UK to Indonesia
Get a Quotation
To clear customs in Indonesia, international shipments must contain the following:
- Full address and other necessary details of the recipient
- Proof of payment of import duty and import-related taxes
- Other relevant permits, licenses, and certificates for the shipment
Additionally, you should provide the following details in the field labeled Consignee Tax ID/VAT/EIN on the airway bill:
Cost of Shipping from UK to Indonesia
The shipping costs from the UK to Indonesia are determined by various factors such as the chosen mode of transportation, and the volume and nature of the goods being shipped.
Price Estimates of Shipping from The UK to Indonesia:
|Weight||Cost of Economy Shipping||Cost of Express Shipping|
|1kg||Rp 45,000||Rp 70,000|
|2kg||Rp 90,000||Rp 110,000|
|3kg||Rp 135,000||Rp 160,000|
|5kg||Rp 180,000||Rp 210,000|
|10kg||Rp 350,000||Rp 400,000|
|25kg||Rp 1,200,000||Rp 1,300,000|
|50kg||Rp 2,500,000||Rp 2,750,000|
*The prices stated in the table are estimates to help you gauge the cost of shipping from the UK to Indonesia. The actual cost of shipping may differ. To receive an accurate quote, please contact us.
Duration of Shipping from UK to Indonesia
The shipping duration from the UK to Indonesia can vary significantly depending on the chosen shipping method. The total distance between port-to-port can also impact the total time needed to ferry goods to Indonesia.
Air freight refers to the movement of goods via aircraft. This shipping method is highly recommended for shipments that require prompt delivery due to time sensitivity.
Usually, shipping from the UK to Indonesia via air freight will take around 4 — 6 days.
Sea freight involves the ferrying of goods from one seaport to another by utilising large containers or pallets. At Haulx, we offer Less than Container Load (LCL) and Full Container Load (FCL) shipping options.
LCL shipping involves consolidating multiple shipments from different shippers into a single container. On the other hand, FCL shipping reserves the entire container to exclusively one shipper.
Estimated Transit Time from The UK to Indonesia by Sea
|London||25 days||26 days||27 days|
|Southampton||25 days||25 days||25 days|
|Plymouth||27 days||28 days||27 days|
Why Choose Haulx?
What are the import restrictions for shipping from the UK to Indonesia?
The peak season to account for when shipping from the UK to Indonesia typically occurs from mid-November to mid-December, preceding public holidays such as Christmas and the New Year.
During this period, prices tend to rise due to increased demand and limited availability of container space. Hence, a good rule of thumb is to refrain from shipping your goods during this period.
What happens if my shipment is lost in transit or damaged during shipping from the UK to Indonesia?
When it comes to importing or exporting goods to Indonesia, there are certain items that are either prohibited or restricted. While it is difficult to provide an exhaustive list, here are some examples of items that fall into these categories:
- Firearms, ammunition, explosives, and weapons
- Counterfeit goods and unauthorised copyrighted materials
- Hazardous chemicals and toxic substances
- Pornographic materials
- Live animals and plants, including certain endangered species
- Pharmaceutical products and medical devices
- Certain food products, including fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat
- Cultural antiques
- Certain electronic goods, such as radio transceivers and satellite phones
For further clarification on prohibited or banned goods, please contact us.
What shipping documents are required for customs clearance into Indonesia?
Aside from the total distance travelled and the method of shipping being used, it may be important to note that there are other factors that can cause the final price to vary.
For instance, imports into Indonesia are subject to various taxes and duties applied.
Here are some duties and taxes to account for:
- CIF Duty: CIF duty is applied to the total cost of the goods, including the cost of the items, insurance, and freight charges.
- Value-Added Tax (VAT): VAT is a consumption tax imposed on the value of the goods being imported. The standard VAT rate in Indonesia is 10%.
- Excise Tax: Excise tax applies to certain goods, such as alcohol, tobacco products, and luxury goods. The rates for excise tax vary depending on the type of product.
- Sales Tax: Sales tax is imposed on specific goods and services. The rates and exemptions can differ based on the type of product.
People Say About Our Company
Haulx is the world’s driving worldwide coordinations supplier — we uphold industry and exchange the worldwide trade.